If I lose my Eligibility for the California College Promise Grant, what do I do?
How to regain eligibility
If you lose eligibility for the California College Promise Grant, there are a few ways that you can have it reinstated:
- Improve your GPA or Course Completion measures to meet the academic and progress standards
- Successful appeal regarding extenuating circumstances (see below)
- Not attending your school district for two consecutive primary terms (fall/spring semesters, or fall/winter/spring quarters)
The appeals process for extenuating circumstances includes:
- Verified accidents, illness or other circumstances beyond your control
- Changes in economic situation
- Evidence of inability to obtain essential support services
- Special consideration factors for CalWORKs, EOPS, DSPS and veteran students
- Disability accommodations not received in a timely manner
Please note that foster youth and former foster youth (no more than 24 years old at the beginning of the academic year) are not subject to loss of the California College Promise Grant under these regulations. If you have questions or need assistance, please contact the financial aid office or registrar at your college.