FINANCIAL AID INFO
Everyone can use some help paying for college, right? So if you're heading for college - or you're already there - you should definitely apply for financial aid, even if you think you're not eligible. Who knows, you might be surprised!
Ever hear of the FAFSA? It's the Free Application for Federal Student Aid, and it's the main form you need to fill out to apply for financial aid. You may need to send in other things too (like a verified Cal Grant GPA or tax returns for your college financial aid file), so make sure you submit all your application materials by the deadlines.
If you're a student and you need help paying for fees, books, supplies and maybe even rent, here's what to do:
- Find out what types of aid you're eligible for using the chart on this website.
- Get prepared to fill out applications by gathering documents and important financial papers.
- Fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). This is the first step in opening the door to all kinds of financial aid, including the Pell Grant, Cal Grants, California College Promise Grant (Formerly known as
the Board of Governors Fee Waiver), work study, scholarships and low-interest student loans.
- Don’t miss out! Applying for aid can require additional forms or applications. Check out the Application Prep page of this website for details.
- Visit the financial aid office at your local community college for more information and assistance. You can use our Financial Aid Office Locator to get contact information for a campus near you.
- Visit our Helpful Links page for more information and resources, including a link to apply to most California community colleges online.